a small animal in the hand

If you found injured or orphaned wildlife, please call one of these wildlife rehabilitators first:

For the most up-to-date list of approved wildlife rehabilitators: https://wdfw.wa.gov/species-habitats/living/injured-wildlife/rehabilitation/find

They will ask a few questions to help determine whether the animal needs human assistance.

Download WILDLIFE AND YOU for some great information.

Animal Services assists with wildlife rescue and rehabilitation of a variety of small animals.  In the past, staff have attended to opossums, raccoons, squirrels, rabbits, fawns, chipmunks, and a variety of birds. Rehabilitation may mean rescuing orphaned animals or helping an injured animal recuperate and return home.