Thurston county location on the map
County Services

Important Information for Thurston County Residents

In 2022, Thurston County increased Animal Services’ contract for enforcement, resulting in significant changes in the services that we are able to provide to Thurston County residents.

Note:  If you are a resident of Olympia, Lacey or Tumwater, these service changes do not apply to you.

What does this mean to me?

If you are a resident of unincorporated Thurston County, please call 911 if you or your livestock are in immediate danger of attack or injury.

NOTE: Effective Jan. 1, 2022, the County now has an officer to respond to:

Animal Services does not provide service to Thurston County residents for: